Friday, June 25, 2010

Bon Voyage School Dance Invites


My oldest daughter promoted from 8th grade this year. And as hard as it is to see my "baby" move on to high school I found a way to help me cope with it. I got the honor to help theme and run her last school dance. We wanted something fun and relaxing so we decided on Bon Voyage cruise ship theme. I used my left over circles cut from my Cricut Wild Card cartridge for Staff Appreciation day. It worked out as I didn't want to waste them. We used a Stampin Up swirl stamp for a wind water look, Cricut to cut out anchors and to top it off life saver candy! And of course we needed 100 of them (seems like the magic number I always need to make lol) We had blue &white balloons floating across the floor and a fog machine for the calming seas effect. With my Cricut I cut out huge cruise ships and let 8th graders decorate them. We hung them all over the gym, and the little kindergartners our 8th grade mentor made cute portholes out of paper plates and goldfish crackers. As an added touch I cut out suitcases, the teachers added good luck & well wishes on them. It all turned out wonderful, the best part was the kids enjoyed seeing their cruise ship artwork on the walls.




1 comment:

  1. that porthole is GREAT! it looks so fun! also loved the black and white theme for your daughters birthday :)

    april (rainbowafterrain81 comment on my blog swap)

    ReplyDelete