Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Safari Baby Shower Invites

A friend of mine asked if I could make baby shower invites for her.  I said yes, then realized this would be a first for me.  I've done invites for birthday parties but never baby showers.  It was to be a safari theme with lions, tigers and bears - oh my!  Wait wrong story lol!  She did want lions, monkeys, and giraffe.  So off I went to Google svg files and found the cutest ones.  I had to make 30 but it fun seeing each little animal come together.  The lion is actually made from punches I borrowed from http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/punch-art/  she has wonderful punch art ideas.  I used a gate fold along with strips of  matching scrapbook paper.  My Cricut Expression really gave me an extra pair of hands.  Without it I'd still be cutting out critters by hand. The vine you see in the inside was actual soft ribbon from a wonderful store I recently discovered called Crop Girls.  If you need inspiration they are the place to go - Card ideas everywhere! http://cropgirls.com/html/gallery.html


No comments:

Post a Comment